Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change My Music folder Location

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

As anyone who is reading this post know that on the start menu there is an icon 'My Music' that when it is clicked it will link you to the My Music folder. (To its location : My document/My music)

I want to change the location of My Music icon on the start menu.

What I am saying exactly is, I have the hard drive split in 2, one of them for the windows and the other for the files( like music,pictures,softwares.....). I want that when i click on My Music icon on the start menu, it will link me to the folder on the other partition (not that location in my documents).

Could that happen?

Thanks for taking your time reading my post.

Edited by Delta16, 31 March 2009 - 12:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hi :thumbsup:...yes, it can happen, I believe.

You can try this: Right-click the shell folder (My Music) in Windows Explorer, drag the folder to the new location, release the mouse button, and select the Move Here item.

Note: If Windows Explorer complains, then you must use the registry to move the folder location and manually move the contents.

Or...you can do like I do and just ignore the My Music folder (I don't store any files in it) and I just create folders for music files wherever I want them. From there, if I wanted a shortcut, I would just right-click and send one to the desktop.

And there are other ways of doing what you seem to want...the above seems to be the easiest attempt that I could find.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2009 - 01:20 PM.

#3 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:17 AM

OK, Done that with the Windows Explorer, no complains and I dont like icons on the desktop, if you see my desktop you will only see the recycle bin :D, if there is any way that I could remove the recycle bin and put it in the start menu, it will be much better.

Thanks for helping

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=r...+XP+recycle+bin

At least...the first 3 links seem to have it covered.

Louis

#5 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks, sorted that out too.

Now my desktop is clean as I wanted it to be.

Edited by Delta16, 01 April 2009 - 12:53 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

LOL...clean desktops bother me...it only happens right after I've done a clean install.

I've always thought that the only purpose of the desktop...is to conveniently put shortcuts for programs and other files...within easy access of the user...but I've been wrong before and will be again.

Happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users