Infostealer.Banker.C is a Trojan horse that may steal sensitive information from the compromised computer.
(click the details tab for more)
If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned. All passwords should be changed immediately
to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised
. You should change each password using a clean computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. If using a router
, you need to reset it with a strong logon/password so the malware cannot gain control before connect again.
Please download hosts.zip
and save it to your Desktop.
MVPS HOSTS File Install Instructions with screenshots if you need them.Hosts File FAQ
- Extract (unzip) the file to its own folder C:\hosts. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure.)
- Open up the hosts folder and double-click on the mvps.bat file.
- The script will rename your present HOSTS file to HOSTS.MVP and copy the new HOSTS file to the correct location on your system.
- You can read more about what we are doing in Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File.
Note: You may have to overwrite the hosts file in "Safe Mode" if you get "an access denied message" when trying to do it in normal mode.
Please download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt
.Follow the instructions here for performing a scan in "safe mode".
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
-- Post the log in your next reply.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(v1.35) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
-- If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs, try downloading from another computer (family member, friend, etc). Save to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot copy files to your usb drive, make sure its not "Write Protected". Some flash drives have a switch on the side which could have accidentally been moved to write protect.