Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grampedstl

grampedstl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

I have a password that is apparently still being 'managed' by Windows and I need to delete or change it!
Where do I find it and How do I delete or change????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:20 AM

There are a few places where PW are stored. Since I'm not sure which one you are referring to, I will list them

1) For Windows Stored Application Passwords - Go To Your Control Panel, then Go into "Users". Choose a Username, then after you have selected a user, on the left side is a menu. Select "Manage My Network Passwords"

2) For Internet Explorer Passwords, Go to your Control Panel, then Select Internet Options. Then Select the Content Tab, then click on AutoComplete.

3) Or If it is a PW that is saved by a Cookie, delete your cookies. Go to your Control Panel, then Select Internet Options. General Tab, then click Delete Cookies.

Were one of those options what you needed? :thumbsup:
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users