Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE SHUT DOWN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brian G

Brian G

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

I am new to bleeping computer but have read posts in the past and found them helpful. The problem I am having with my laptop is that my internet explorer gives me error popups telling me the explorer must shut down. If I click on it (Don't Send) then the window closes and the webpage closes as well. Sometimes I can drag the error window out of the way and continue to browse the web, although it is working very slowly. Other times, the browser will close out anyway. This has been a problem over the last few weeks, but it was rare. Now, I can hardly get on the internet for more than one or two pages, then this error occurs.

Because of this problem, I am unable to use my laptop on the net and I am using my work computer to research a solution.

I have MalwareBytes installed but it dod not find anything.

I suspect this is the result of a virus or some malware, however, I do well to turn my computer on successfully.

I hope some of you that are more knowledgeable &/or more intelligent than I can help.

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,285 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to BC

Browser issues as you describe are not uncommon. If you're not finding any malware, try some of the suggestions provided in Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware.

Edited by quietman7, 31 March 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users