Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reloading XP-should I re-format?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geno368

geno368

• Members
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

I have a trashed system on my hands from a cousin. He has his XP cd and wants me to reload...Should I reformat or what? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

I suppose that depends on whether...you value a trashed system...or you prefer a system with a chance to run properly.

BTW: If this cousin is giving you a system...make sure that he also gives you the drivers CD and XP CD and the XP license data that should come with it.

Or be prepared to legally acquire the version of XP that you intend to install (approximate price, $90).

You might also inquire...why you are the recipient of all this goodness...if the system is worth fooling with :thumbsup:. In other words, what don't you know now...that you will wish you had known...within 30 days?

That's the way that I would approach things.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users