Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Updates Help Needed.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

I have just finished using the Windows XP Home Edition SP2 CD ROM which came with my PC to repair my OS installation after several failed attempts to install XP3 led to it destroying some registry items when it rolled back leaving me with no Internet Options Panel in Control and an inability to uninstall anything from my ARP list.. At present I have the Automatic Updates function switched off. I have not updated the default IE6 since the repair as I only use it for updates otherwise preferring Firefox. However I would like to install all available MSN updates for my operating system up to but not including XP3. Is there a way to ensure I can either stop it from installing or better still stop it from downloading at all. Thanks in advance for any help.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

Try this:

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Click on the custom button and it will give you a list of critical and optional updates. Click on the "+" to get a description of the update and download the ones that you want. Hope this helps...
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users