Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nasty little redirect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madddog

madddog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

I hope that I am directing this properly; I'm new. Something has really comandeered IE. It redirects to a page called HOWINSTANT BIZ, addresshttp://howinstant.biz/search/search.php?track=sg15&qq=merrick+capital (maybe phony). I have used five or six anti hijack programs. Some eliminate it until the next restart. then the redirect is back. Have removed cookies, cleared temps. this thing is tenacious and gets more aggresive as time passes. I have a Hi Jack this analysis--don't know exactly how to get it to you. I did uploat tpo Trend.Anyway, would appreciate help. If I can't do something soon will have to re-format--yuk! Besides hate to see these creeeps win.

Thanks

DVID

Edited by KoanYorel, 31 March 2009 - 04:17 PM.
email address removed to protect from spammers and worse

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Moved from HJT forum to more appropriate.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

I have used five or six anti hijack programs.

What are these?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users