Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-Virus Number-1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gac44mom

gac44mom

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

I keep getting the following pop-ups:

A Windows Security Center pop-up that says I do not have Malware protection, and recommendations are that I install Anti-Virus Number-1

An Anti-Virus Number-1 Security Center screen pops up that says various messages, one of which is "Anti-Virus Number-1 protection has detected Spyware program Win32.Monster.fx that is trying to attack your computer. Do you want to block the attack?" If I answer NO, a Blue Screen pops up that says:

***STOP.0x000000E2 [0x0000000, 0xBC5C20AE, CC22A215, 4122A215]

A malware application has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
prevent damage to your data

MALWARE.MONSTER.DX_NEW_0xA21518F0

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart you
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure your antivirus software is properly installed. If this is a
new installation, ask your software manufacturer for any antivirus updates
you might need.
Windows detected unregistred version of Anti-virus Number-1 protection on your computer.
If problem continues, please activate your antivirus software to prevent computer
damage and data loss.

***DRV.SYS - Address ECFB910F base at 4122A215, DataStamp 94414556
Beginning dump of physical memory...

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

Hello and welcome . Please follow our guide... A guide on how to remove Anti-Virus Number 1

Then post the log ..
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users