Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bottlenecking?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eastonch

eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi i have been told about my previous post that the CPU might bottle neck due to the lack fo RAM on my Mobo and the CPU might bottlenck? what the heck does this mean?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

If you have a fast CPU but not much memory the CPU will be drastically slowed due to a lack of memory.
That is "bottlenecked"
[The neck o0f a bottle is much smaller then the actualy bottle & restricts the flow]

If you have a fast CPU but really slow memory that woll also cause a "bottleneck" .
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

A bottleneck can also form with the graphics card and the CPU. For instance, throwing a 9800GTX into a PC with a Pentium 4 and 1GB of RAM would not be a good idea as there would be a bottleneck.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users