Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nightjar59

nightjar59

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

I have seen in the Hijack this Forum that Farbar had uploaded a vjag.bat and I have the same problem on one of my Schools Teachers machine and would like to be able to have this file if possible. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

You need to be a little more specific on your problem and your intentions
Although you problem might seem similar, chances are, they are not and the fix might not work for you. It could also make things worse
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nightjar59

nightjar59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

Ok, the computer will not let me open any exe programs, and I have vjag.doc, vjag.vbs, autorun folder, the computer asks for a password in spanish, when you try to enter one is says wrong password in spanish. Now nothing works unless you login in under a new user, and when you click on the hard drive a cmd window comes out and says
C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe then a window with
\auto\vj.doc
\auto\vjag.bat
\auto\vjag.doc
\auto\vjag.vbs
\auto\vjag1.bat
\auto\vjag2.bat
\auto\vjag2.vbs
\auto\vjag3.bat
\auto\vstart.bat
Now no programs work, under the teacher user.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

Let me check and I'll get back with you
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:30 AM

nightjar59,

It seems the type of infection is the same with some extra complications. However, as Mark already pointed out, there is no "one fix" for this infection. The batch file I made did not removed all the infection. Before applying the batch file we did some preliminary steps to make sure the malware won't come back.

The best course of action is to open a topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

You don't need to post a log right away as you can't run the scanners, but please describe the problem and the steps already taken. Then we can see what scanner we are going to apply to get a log.

If you started a topic send me a PM with the link to your topic.

Good luck!

farbar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users