Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD R/W PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CHILLRAJ

CHILLRAJ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

WHEN I AM INSERTING A WINDOWS XP SP-2 CD INTO DVD RW ROM MY LENOVO Y-500[CELERON-M,INTEL] LAPTOP IS UNABLE TO READ IT CONTENDS...ITS SHOWING BLANK...BUT IT CAN READ THE LENOVO DRIVER CD....I AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM RECENTLY...I NEED TO FORMAT MY SYSTEM...I HAVE ALSO TRIED LOADING XP CD INTO PEN DRIVE...BUT ONLY THE PRELIMINARY SET UP IS GETTING COMPLETED NOT THE FULL INSTALLATION...AS IT IS NOT RECOGNIZING THE PEN DRIVE AFTER REBOOT WHILE SETUP...I HAVE XP SP-2 ALREADY INSTALLED INTO C:\ NOW I WANT TO FORMAT THIS PARTITION & INSTALL A FRESH INSTALLATION EITHER BY DVD R/W OR BY PEN DRIVE...SUGGEST ME WHAT TO DO NOW & THE ENTIRE PROCESS...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

Are you using a Microsoft XP CD?

Or recovery/restore CDs?

Are you sure that the CD is bootable?

Have you tried cleaning the CD (plain water and soft cotton cloth, like a T-shirt)?

If the drive reads a driver CD...does it also read music CDs...any DVDs?

Louis

#3 CHILLRAJ

CHILLRAJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

YUP IM USING A BOOTABLE CD...I HAVE TRIED WITH VARIOUS XP BOOTABLE CD TOO IT IS UNABLE TO READ...EVEN I TRIED THE CD AT OTHER LAPTOP N COMPUTER ALL WORKING FINE...IN MY LAPTOP I HAVE SET MY DVD DRIVE AS THE FIRST PREFERENCE BUT IT IS DIRECTLY GOING TO THE BOOTING PREFERENCE LIST 1.WINDOWS XP 2.WINDOWS SET UP.....IS THERE ANY WAY FOR LOADING XP VIA PEN DRIVE OR MAKING A VIRTUAL DRIVE USING DEMON TOOL?I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE AUTO RUN MAY HAD BEEN DISABLED SOME HOW FOR DVD RAM....

Edited by CHILLRAJ, 31 March 2009 - 10:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users