Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs hang on opening

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slowleakage

slowleakage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

Programs I am opening hang for about 30 seconds. It seems random which app will do it as it might happen the first time I open it and not the next. Seems like 3 out of 4 are hanging. This started about 3 weeks ago and since I have tried a repair installation of windows. I have stress tested my ram and cpu, no errors. I have tested my main hard drives with WD Diagnostics and they come up all good. not sure what else to try aside form a fresh XP install. Thanks for looking.

System:

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Speed : 2.33GHz
Total Memory : 3GB DDR
Video System
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE (128MB DDR, PCIe 1.00 x16, PS 3.0, VS 3.0, 2 Heads)
Physical Storage Devices
SAMSUNG HD501LJ 500GB
WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0 320GB
WDC WD360ADFD-00NLR5 37GB
SAMSUNG HD160JJ 160GB
ASUS DRW-2014L1
Audio Device : Giga-Byte nForce4 AC'97 Audio Controller
Network Adapter : Belkin 802.11g Wireless Card - Packet Scheduler Miniport (Ethernet, 54Mbps)

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP (2002) Professional 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 3)

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Zonealarm Internet Security Suite v8.0.020.000

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Try running chkdsk /r on the C: partition?

Try defragging the same?

Hanging apps on my systems are usually an indication of sloppy system housekeeping on my part or programming bugs.

Louis

#3 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

Try to open program after turn off the anti virus and security and try to open in safe mode also. if you still get same issue , you have to optimize the computer by deleting unwanted junks file like temp , %temp% , Prefetch and also run Disk cleanup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users