Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stress and Depression?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

I agree, now all i have to do is find some friends :thumbsup:

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, that's the hammer, isn't it.

I read in a novel, that it's very easy to become a good conversationalist. You simply comment on something about the person, like what an interesting tattoo they have or that their jewelry looks great and reminds you of your grandmother, aunt, etc. Then you let the other person talk about themselves.

It seemed like such a simple idea. I liked it.

nice Avatar, by the way

Zllio

#33 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

grassy?

Over 10 years ago my Kids' Mum went walkabout, leaving me a choice to either to look after them or Walk away? I had Two Sucessfull Businesses running then.

What would you do?

I choose giving it all up for my Kids.

Edit. Since then those Kids have Respected me and Loved me,

:thumbsup: :flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 21 May 2009 - 10:10 AM.

#34 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

Abacus, yea i would do the same thing. Kids make a big difference mate. I have three kids going through teenage years, so i am at the brunt of it all now for the next 5 or so years. Pretty scary stuff.So far so good.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#35 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

Abacus, I commend you on your choice :thumbsup:

#36 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:07 AM

Few people here would hesitate to do as I did, Mate.

Kids are Kids.

Some LOVE them, others don't.

#37 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:04 AM

I was reading through this thread and though it is a old one coming up to Christmas its a relevant one.While for most people Christmas is a time of fun with the kids or partying etc,for others it can be a time of loneliness and depression.I am thinking of older folks with no families,those struggling to pay bills to find extra for presents.I have heard people say I will be glad when Christmas is over. For some people Christmas is a time of great stress.They feel there is something wrong because they are not happy like everyone else seems to be.

Also after reading Abacus 7 thread on what has happened in his own life it shows it is possible to get through in even the worst tragedy. What can be worse than losing a child.

Happy Christmas Abacus 7,I hope its a good one for you.And for anyone else reading this thread. :thumbsup:

#38 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the Christmas Greetings, Cod head, may I wish the same back to you and your Family and Friends, and to all BC Members and Staff. BTW, I lost two Kids, Mate. One for each one of my current ones.

If I may, I would like to update what has happened since my last Post here.

I have been hospitalised 7 times for acute shortage of breath, leading to all sorts of tests and opinions, including heart attacks, yet there is nothing really showing up?

At the time here we are undergoing extreme hot weather for December, highest on record. The heat really causes me stress in no uncertain terms.

All I can do is apply what I was trained in many years ago by the Army and just turn off when it gets too bad and to start breathing exercises I have learned when an attack comes on. I have managed to dodge hospital many times.

My Kids are little gold mines of support now.

:flowers:

#39 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

:flowers:

I just have to add this on.

Last time I was hospitalised they took me off ALL Depressing Medication and switched me to Positive Medication. It led to me not being able to sleep, but has started to fix the Problem. I just need to time the Medication into where it suits. What a difference, I can think again, that had been really freaking me out.

I became involved in a Help Section here, which turned out very nicely for the Member. At one point I said to her about why I was still up so late that night, to me.

Melinda, it is good for me, I am on medication that makes it difficult for me to sleep, this beats the heck out of every thing else I can think of. I really mean that in a very Nice way, Mate. I am 63.

Her Problems seem to be resolved now, she is happy and I also feel so Great to know that I am still of some use in the World. I even said this to her.

Actually the experience Helped me in so many ways too.

When you have time you might like to check out this thread? i certainly will be posting there about this. It shows what a big Family like Bleeping Computer can accomplish and also help each other at the same time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215268/stress-and-depression/

Just goes to show you that Helping always is good?

I feel so great within myself now.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 20 December 2009 - 12:26 PM.

#40 melindascrochetbits

melindascrochetbits

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:51 AM

Mr. Abacus 7,
I am so sorry for your loss.I would like to thank you again for fixing the mess I made on my laptop while trying to fix it myself. BTW, I am on it right now and it runs better than ever.
I would also like to thank Thunder Z for his help as well. If it weren't for you, my laptop would have been ran over by cars a couple of times now. I just can't thank you enough for your time,patience, and help.Thanks for making my first experience here a great one. Happy Holidays to everyone !

#41 melanieb

melanieb

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

I've found the cure for both stress and depression, in my case, is volunteerig. There's no greater fulfillment than helping others in a positive way.

I saw a horrible case of stress and depression when I turned on my TV today and discovered that some guy set his house on fire and then crashed his plane in to a building on the north side of town. I live in Austin, Texas and watched the local news coverage all day long as it came to light that he had committed suicide by slamming his plane into a building containing a local IRS office and his online suicide note contained details of his mistrust of the government.

I felt sad for his family, and upset that so many people had their days activities disturbed by this man's actions. I also marveled at how easy it is to 'go over the edge' and do something extreme, especially when everything seems really awful. I empathized with him, having felt low before in life.

But I did not condone his actions. If only he had found some purpose in life that made other problems not seem so daunting.

Best wishes to all from Austin! Oh, and big hugs if you can find someone to post a reply to my service request. ;) I am barely hanging on here.

#42 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:50 AM

Sometimes really bad cases of Stress just want to go out in a blaze of glory and show something, not all do.

According to California state records, Stack had a troubled business history, twice starting software companies in California that ultimately were suspended by the state's tax board, one in 2000, the other in 2004.

Who knows what triggers it.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#43 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

A futile and selfish act. It could never hurt the government, only innocents and their families.

#44 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:00 AM

When COPD is coupled with Stress it leads to all sorts of Problems, not quite recocinised yet.

http://www.health.com/health/condition-art...0266995,00.html

People affected are likely to exibit Heart Attack Symptoms to Medics, yet there is no Heart Attack.

The Brain just is just shutting down the Body so it can cope, actuality can lead to a total Blackout for the Patient, as in a major Heart Attack.

Very interesting stuff.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 25 February 2010 - 05:50 AM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#45 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

To keep Bleeping Computer Tidy, I have opened up this old Thread, instead of starting a new one.

This from the first Post on this shows why?

it could maybe, save just one Life?

It is far better if people can read back on the whole Subject. But, Please? Always run things past your Doctor. I am not a Doctor, nor a qualified Psychologist. I just want to share with my BIG Family. Please Respect that?

If people are interested and would like me to share my experiences with them, I am very Happy to do so.

Knowledge is real Power to us all. I certainly want to pass on what I have Learnt, as I have already done to others. Honestly it has Helped them in their own problems.

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 11 July 2010 - 12:28 AM.

What is a Dog?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users