Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 desertcarr

desertcarr

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

I recently updated my computer. Now I am unable to get the computer to send print messages to the printers. I have Windows XP Pro, both a Cannon and an Epson computer onboard. I also have Zone Alarm Pro for both virus protection and firewall. In the printer and fax folder, all the computer show. However, when I try to open up properties I get the following message:

Function address 0xb02af0 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000094) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

Thank you for your help.

Correction on the function address message: Function address 0xa82af0 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000094) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed.

Edited by desertcarr, 14 June 2005 - 08:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 desertcarr

desertcarr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have two printers - a Canon and an Epson. They both work with other computers.

Thanks anyway.

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

Dear desert,

Are you working through a router?

Are you trying to print through a wireless print server?

Zone Alarm is a bad ass firewall and will not let many things come or go.

What was your update?

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:40 AM

How are these printers connected to your computer? Zone Alarm shouldn't have any effect unless they're network printers.

Delete both printers from the system and re-install them again. Are you using the drivers for Windows XP? If the printers are a few years old their driver disks may not have an XP driver included - you would need to visit the manufs website and download them.

hth :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 15 June 2005 - 12:42 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 desertcarr

desertcarr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

I have been working through a router, but disconnected the router when I started having problems. The upgrade was in part because I was having problems with the printers taking forever to print when I was using photoshop. My original hard drive was pretty full so I added a second hard drive making the original the slave (this was done by a shop). After I reinstalled my programs I was having a problem getting the printer to receive messages to print. However, when connected to another computer, both printers work. I am very frustrated and have dis-installed and reinstalled numerous times now. Any thoughts? Thank you for your reply.

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

I still can't see anywhere where you have said how you are linked to those printers. You used to print through a router? I don't understand what you mean.
Some info about your setup please.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:22 AM

Dear desert,

What brand name router are you working with?

Are you trying to print through another computer?

If you have several computers connected via a router printing will be difficult and time consuming.

Routers are great until you have to print. A print server is a great investment if you are looking for speed.

Linksys is my router and they, so far, have great customer service.

Hope that helps,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#8 Rambo

Rambo

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:29 AM

Hello.

It looks like I dug up an old thread while trying to find the solution to the same problem. The printer I am using is a Minolta QMS Magicolor 3100.
Basically, out of the blue one computer stopped printing, and displayed the following message:
"Function address 0x834e74c9 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0x0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed."

My Googling lead me to a Microsoft KB article that described my problem. However, this article describes it more accurately, however it is intended for Windows 2000-based PCs. Aside from not opening the properties of the printer, I get the following message when trying to print from Word:
"Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
To see what data this error report contains, click here."

I get the same error using USB or as a networked printer. (The printer has a built-in Crownnet NIC and connected to a DI-624 Wireless router). I have a second computer configured the same way and it works without any problems. It has to be something with this printer or related drivers. I have a second Brother MFC printer also with networking built-in and that works with no problem on the "problem computer."

I have reinstalled the drivers and the network printer port several times, and followed Microsoft's KB article referenced above. I even had this problem prior to reinstalling Windows (because of other issues on this computer). I spent about an hour on the phone with Minolta and applied the hotfix from Microsoft that I had to receive by e-mail described in that KB article.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice. Hopefully someone has encountered the problem and been able to solve it.

#9 rfwojcik

rfwojcik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

This is not a perfect solution but it does work. I have a minolta QMS magicolor 3100 connected to a netgear router. I have two PC's running Windows XP home working fine with setting up the printing exactly as the manual says. I have a Gateway netbook running Windows XP home that gives the same problems mentioned here (it used to work but then suddenly stopped). I tried reinstalling Windows and multiple tries reinstalling the printer but still no good. I finally gave up and used the minolta printer driver which came with windows the "Minolta Color PageWorks/Pro PS". I connect using the standard TCP/IP port with a Raw protocol and Port number 35. (The LPR port selection might also work but I didn't try it) So far, the printer seems to print just as well as with the magicolor 3100 driver on my other computers although I have not tried all of its functionality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users