Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

today vs. date

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

I don't know if this is even technically possible. I find it helpful to see posts labelled today and yesterday when I'm reading through everything, but when I need to backup something like private messages or specific posts and go back to look at them later, the dates "today" and "yesterday" are not helpful. Is there any way to get the date separated out from the input "today" and "yesterday" so that there is always a date and timestamp on the entries and today and yesterday are a separate piece of information?

Thanks.
Zllio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Can't be done without heavily modifying the forums, which I do not like to do.

So unfortunately, we are stuck with the way it is unless Invision board changes it.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Whenever I back up a post or reply, it is almost always the same day, and the date of the file provides something like a "time-stamp,"if that serves as a work-around. Most WPs also allow you to automatically include a date in the footer.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Zllio

Zllio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

WPs?

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

Word
Processor

I was going to suggest that you might want to take at look at the Zotero Firefox add-on; while designed for scholarly internet research, it will allow you to take a screen dump and has an accessed date associated with it:

http://www.zotero.org/support/quick_start_guide
John

Edited by jgweed, 30 March 2009 - 11:18 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

I don't know if this will help or not, but the following display formats for threads show the actual dates, rather than "Today" or "Yesterday".
  • The printer-friendly version (Options, Print this topic at the top-right of the first post in the thread).
  • The Lo-Fi version (Lo-Fi Version button in the center near the bottom of the page).

#7 Zllio

Zllio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

M...,

Thanks. That does help. Hadn't thought of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users