Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

inernet issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jorgens

Jorgens

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

the internet itself is fine. my sisters computer and my friends xbox can use it just fine. but with my computer it cuts out at times unless i plug it in straight from the modem which makes my computer the only useable one in the house. anyone know what the reason is or how i can fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

If you are using IE for a browser try this.

Open IE
At the top click on Tools
On the menu click Internet Options
Click on the Security tab & make sure all of the "zones" are set to the default level.
Click on the Connections tab
Click on LAN settings
When the box opens click the little box by Automatically detect settings to put a checkmark in it
Click OK
If you have IE7 click on the Advanced tab
In the settings box sroll down & locate the Phishing Filter
Put a dot in the circle by Disable Phishing Filter
Click Apply
Click OK
Close IE & reopen it
See if it stays connected
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Jorgens

Jorgens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:11 AM

yeah i did that stuff you said but it didnt do anything. my friend brought his laptop over today and he had the same problem.

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

If we knew what you were connecting though it would be easier to help.

It sounds like you have a modem hooked to a wireless router ?

If so what brand is the router ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 Jorgens

Jorgens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

sorry. im using sbc internet with a smc wireless router. could it be a driver problem? because this didnt happen until i had to crash my computer cause i changed the wrong setting and couldnt even get to my desktop. if theres anything else you need to know just let me know

#6 Jorgens

Jorgens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

anyone have any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users