Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bloodhound.exploit.196 & W32.Virut.CF virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 jakekoh

jakekoh

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

Referred here from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213533/infected-with-w32virutcf-vundoh-plus-jlchuraplrc-redirect-virus/ ~ OB

My pc was recently infected with Virut.CF and it inserted jl.chura.pc iframe link into all my htm/asp/php files,

there seems to be no avaliable solution to it as it seems that my IE/Explorer.exe is infected with it which is undetectable.

This is what i did:
1. update to lastes symantec av def dated 27.Mar.09
2. switched off sys recovery.
3. boot into safe
4. scanned with symantec av
5. scanned with malware removal lastest ed.
6. scanned with avg virut removal.
7. scanned with combofix.

results: everything back to normal intitally, however once i luanched IE back in normal mode, the