Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I uninstall Power Point Viewer 2003

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pdwbanker

pdwbanker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

Power Point Viewer 2003 is installed on my computer. However it does not show up on the list of programs when I attempt to uninstall it in Control Panel.

Any suggestions?

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 30 March 2009 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Try reinstalling it and then uninstalling it.
Also, you may want to give one of the freeware uninstallers a try: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 delta dart

delta dart

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

I also have power point 3. There is no listing in control panel either. You can remove it by going to C:\programfiles\MS office an deleting it there. Also open regedit, do a find "power point 3" and delete all power point 3 entries. Be carefull editing the registry or you can create serious problems.

Russ

#4 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:26 AM

try revouninstaller and uninstall any software which you do not want in your computer.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#5 Sparkleflap

Sparkleflap

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Find and run the uninstall string.
Jason Vidler
Technical Support
Ryan Catholic College

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

Before following any of the last 3 suggestions, BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY

To backup the registry proceed as follows:

1/ Click Start

2/ From the menu click Run

3/ In the Run dialog box type: regedit

4/ The Windows registry Editor will now open

5/ Click the File option on the main toolbar and, from the drop down menu, select Export

6/ In the Export Registry File dialog box select All

7/ Now name the file

8/ Finally click the Save button

9/ To return the registry back to its original state should something go wrong simply click on the File option on the main registry editor toolbar and then select Import
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 crystalrain

crystalrain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

Hi,

Please do not waste your valuable time installing various tools to remove Microsot Office Powerpoint 2003 Viewer! If you do not find it in Add/Remove section:

Please follow these steps:

1 - Download fresh copy of MS Office Powerpoint 2003 viewer here: http://download.cnet.com/PowerPoint-Viewer...4-10742147.html
2 - Install it.
3 - Use Add/remove to remove it.
4 - Done. Nice and Easy.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users