Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:08 PM
I have a stubborn infection. I'll list some symptoms and appreciate any help you can provide.
Windows XP Media edition.
1. Got some weird Google updater crash. I had Google Gears installed (uninstalled it trying to fix the issue)
2. Spybot would just hang w/ 0 CPU in task manager, 3200 mem usage and then hangs..
3. Tried reinstalling it. Safe mode. Wouldn't work.
4. Tried installing some other antivirus progs. They wouldn't start either. Even from Safe mode.
5. This forum on my laptop shows up normally. When I view it from the XP machine, it has double underlines on a bunch of words, mousing over them shows you ads from VIBRANT.
6. Google searches get redirected to toseeka.com. (I have a good HOSTS file blocking that site...but the machine is in deep trouble)
7. I have two entries in control panel for "Add/Remove Programs".
8. I had a few HARD crashes, with some kind of IRQ error. Didn't write down the error but will do so next time it happens.