Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox is forgetting things. .

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kmfcm

kmfcm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Hi.

I built a computer from scratch.
Things are working fine on it, except for Mozilla Firefox 3.0.8

This morning, it kept opening the add-on description pages that pop up when you update them.
I don't know why it's doing that. I updated the add-ons yesterday afternoon, and it wasn't doing this everytime I logged on.

Other things it's forgetting.

- it won't use the theme I selected
- it forgets I cleared the download status bar
- it forgets I told NoScript to allow certain Javascript (like Flash player for YouTube, for example.)
- it asks if I want ff to be the default browser, even though i unchecked "always check if ff is the default browser" and clicked yes. . a long time ago

Edited by kmfcm, 29 March 2009 - 05:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sparkleflap

Sparkleflap

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

Hmm that's rather strange indeed.

Have you tried re-installing it?

When you have made changed to all of these settings etc have you shut the computer down properly? Or have you held in the power button or taken the power out? That could do it although technically shouldn't!
Jason Vidler
Technical Support
Ryan Catholic College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users