Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My printers (HP Officejet 5600 & HP 1018) are not recogonized any more!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ndrea

ndrea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

I have been using these two printers (HP Officejet 5600 & HP 1018) for over a year now. However, both of them recently can't be recognized by neither of my two desktop computers. I have reinstalled the operating system (Windows XP professional) plus the printer drivers over and over but this only worked once and for a few minutes. The next thing i knew was that the USB device could not be recogonized (Error message). That's for both of the printers and on any of the two desktops.
Before that, the HP Officejet 5600 series would disconnect and on realising that by sending a print job, i would restart my computer and then it would print sometimes and sometimes it would not.
I have also bought new printer USB cables but they worked for 1 minute and the problem was back again. A friend using Windows Vista can however print using these printers with no problem! What do i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users