Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connections

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim M. 1

Jim M. 1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Computer crashed, Dell installed new hard drive and m/board and re-installed all s/ware. Cannot e-mail from word, kodak, etc. Dell did all they can do. Yahoo will not help and M/S said not their problem. Before crash I was able to e-mail from word. Hope someone can help. XP home-IE7-M/S word 2003.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:08 AM

Hi Jim M. 1,

Here's a thread about this which makes it appear that it may be necessary to have Outlook, but I think if you read through it, it should give you some thoughts about what can be tried and what may or may not work:

Email from word discussion

If this doesn't help, please post back with some more specific information about your ISP, which software you have that includes Word, and what might be different in your programs now compared to before the computer was redone.

Zllio

#3 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

try to uninstall Office and reinstall it again, there might be problem in some words file .

#4 Jim M. 1

Jim M. 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

Thanks Zillo and Smithsam. When I purchased computer I could E-mail from word right away. After crash all software was reloaded with the help of Dell. Now cannot e-mail from word 2003. I understand that outlook is already set up to find your e-mail settings when it is installed. I am not technical enough to figure this out. I use Yahoo Classic mail which is free. Comcast is my internet carrier. I have XP home edition Word 2003 Outlook Express 6. I have contacted Yahoo and M/S and both send me to Dell which, at this point, has not been able to help. Just want it like it was when purchased. Any ideas you have will be appreciated.
Yhanks Jim

#5 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

My thought after I read the thread I linked you to, was that you may have to have Outlook, not Outlook Express, to run it. I wonder if you had a higher grade of software in your original installation and Dell removed it when they installed the new software. Did you have Outlook (not Outlook Express) before? This is just a thought on my part, and I don't know that it is the case.

Did you try any of the suggestions that were in that thread in terms of the settings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users