Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Print Server Dlink-DP311U NOT PRINTING WRLSS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 itttechman

itttechman

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

I am having trouble with my D-link DP311U Wireless Print Server. My home network consists of a hardwired pc, wireless pc, and a wireless laptop,using Netgear WGR614v7 wireless router to share my broadband connection. I recently bought the print server and connected everything according to instructions,but I cannot print on from my wireless computers without power cycling the print server.I can print from my hardwired pc. I have some networking experience, but I am stumped here, and considering returning the print server. I can ping my wireless router from all pc's but cannot ping the print server from my wireless connections. I cant see any setting on the router that would help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Have you tried assigning the print server a static IP?

I had so problems with my wireless printer, had to reboot the router now and then so the computers would find it,
I assigned the printer a static IP so it would always be the same and no longer have that problem.

#3 itttechman

itttechman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the try danr, but it already has a static ip. I think it has to be something with my Netgear router that is not allowing the print server to be "seen" by the wireless pc's

#4 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

Well then maybe you might be better off returning the print server, may be something wrong with it if power cycling it is the only way to get it to work each time.

Before you do that though I'd check for a firmware update, see what version it has and see if a newer one is listed as corrects that problem. I'd install the latest version (if it doesn't already have it) anyway even if it doesn't specifically list it as correcting that particular issue and try it again.

Edited by danr, 31 March 2009 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users