Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Spontaneous Shutdowns with Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brinn1

brinn1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

I'm new to this forum and would introduce myself as Dr Steve Brinn, A pediatrician (care for kids) for 30 years in Cincinnati, Ohio. I consider myself fairly computer literate but I have a ways to go to deal with the "Elite" computer people.

I use Vista Home Premium Version, Service pack 1, 32 bit opperating system

My computer is a laptop, Lenovo, Y710, with the Intel " Intel extreme x9000 " chip and Game zone. It has 4gb of memory, and 2 hard drives, 240 gb each. I keep 1 hard drive to use strictly for music. I also have a 1 terrabyte server at home and use it alot, watching downloads through a hard wire internet connection to my Xbox-360.

My latest updated IE browser, has been for weeks just suddenly shutting down, giving me an option to restart it if I choose. version is 7.0.6001.18000

It happens infrequently and wondered if there were any simple fixes (settings, etc.) and whether the problem was common with vista. I haven't downloaded firefox yet but will soon.

Thanks
Steve B

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users