Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer icon missing, Spoolsv.exe error messages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sammyj

sammyj

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:36 AM

Hi there,

I have a sick PC running Windows XP Home SP2 which has started giving me spoolsv.exe errors at startup and saying that there's an internal process that is corrupt and has to terminate. Microsoft have a KB solution for this which necessitates re-installing this file but as it's on a Dell PC there are no CD's with it for me to do that.

It also suggests renaming the spoolsv.exe file and somehow it'll sort itself out, but that hasn't worked either. The printer icon is missing in control panel too.

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

The spoolsv.exe file should be on the installation CD for your printer
Try uninstalling your printer in Add/Remove Programs then reinstall the printer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 sammyj

sammyj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for replying - I'll give that a go.

S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users