Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hyperactive mouse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AcropolisAT

AcropolisAT

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

Okay here's the problem, I recently bought a new laptop, an acer aspire 5520 and during the intial setup and for the first few hours there were no problems, then after pluging in a new mouse my mouse suddenly has fits, randomly moving about 2 to 3 inchs to the left of the point it should be at and it almost continuously left clicks about once or twice a second. I've tried unpluging the new mouse and it still has the fits, and it only seems to happen when I'm in the middle of a game (which may just be my bad luck). The mouse specs are Microsoft model 1020 optical mouse and the only two games I've played are spoor and civ 4 and the fits happened in each of them. I tried disabling the mouse drivers and it didn't fix the problem untill I uninstalled the ps/2 driver and then it reinstalled the driver. It's been about 25 minutes now and another fit hasn't happened so I hope it was simply a driver glitch, however I thought I'd post this here and ask if anyone else has had something similar and if so how they fixed the problem or if I havn't fixed to have someone else tell me what to try before my computer has another fit. As a side note I ran Malware bytes, trend micro's housecall online, and McAfee and none of them picked up on any viruses or malware. Thanks for any info you can offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:03 AM

Usually the only time your optical mouse will have fits, is if it is wireless and the batteries are dying, or your using it on a surface that is reflecting the laser/light the wrong way. It would be similar to using the mouse on a polished wood desk, there is not enough grain for it to pick up a good DPI. If you are not using a mouse pad, try one and see if it helps. If not I would recommend new drivers. If that does not work, try it on a different computer and see if it does the same action. Let us know.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 AcropolisAT

AcropolisAT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

The mouse is not wireless and the problem continued even when the mouse was unplugged and I was using the touchpad, however it still hasn't returned so I believe the problem has been resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users