Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot up error viewpointmanager.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrtnzEnterprise

MrtnzEnterprise

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi I am hoping you can help, just this past week I been having computer problems that I never had before. First it started with to many pops ups that I never normally get. I ran spybot and it found a few things but didnt seem to delete them. I was frusterated at this so I decided to do system a system restore after all methods failed.

It was seemingly woking fine for a whole day then today 3/28/08 it went crazy.

I bootup and enter my user name and password and the viewpointmanager.exe error shows up saying there is an error and needs to shut down. I clicked both methods cancel and debug and nothing happens. The frusterating part is I cannot access ANYTHING , no icons or start tool bars appear on my desktop, just a blank screen with my current desktop wallpaper.

The only thing I can get into is windows task manager, i read somewhere to find viewmgr/exe and end process but no such file displays on my proccess probably because of the error that said it needed it to bleep down. well in any case i tried rebooting over 20 times and i get the same thing with no luck. i tried restrating in safe mode, nothing happens , i tried rebooting in last known working configurations and still nothing

I am using my laptop now to type this in hope in help. i really need to fix this error since i am a ful ltime college student and a lot of my work is on there.
any help would be much apperciated thank you

UPDATE 3/28/09
OK so here is my current update. I found viewpointmanager.exe and unistalled it, i also went into the windows folder and deleted the folders to this as well as programs folder (it was in both)
i no longer get the error at startup HOWEVER these issues occur

1. still no desktop icons and ect show up at start up. i have to go to task manager and run explorer.exe THEN my desktpop appears as normal. any suggestions to fix this?
2. when i run the internet it will not allow me to visit any website even though my coennection is fine. when i go to a webpage on the address bar it says "blocked.microsoft.system guard. then at the bitton of the browser bar it says restricted zone. i go to internet options to adjust my settings of browser secruty and it does not help. and it does not allow me to change restricted websites, its on HIGH. but it does let me change other settings such as trusted websites and the others. but it still does not matter because every site i go to says same thing, blocked. HOWEVER when i use my firefox mozilla web browser it connects and works FINE...
3. my siund no longer works after i unsitalled viewmanager.exe. no sound at all even when i start windows at login it does not make the sound
4. it allows me to open most programs but it will not allow me to open spybot to do a scan, nothing happens even when i open in task manager command. i also installed HJinsta;;.exe to do a scan and it wouldn open that program either...

ANY HELP I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL thanks you!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. You may need to download from another computer, save it to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.

After downloading MBAN, open Task Manager and do this:
  • Click the File menu and select New Task (Runů) or click the Applications Tab and select "New Task" at the bottom.
  • Browse to the location of mbam-setup.exe.
  • Double-click on it and then press "Ok" to start the install.
When installation is complete, the setup Wizard should show a checkmark next to Launch and Update MBAM, Click Finish to open the program and update MBAM through the program's interface (preferable method) or manually download the definition updates and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.

If MBAM does not open, then do this:
  • Launch Task Manager again, click the Applications Tab and select "New Task" at the bottom.
  • Browse to the location of mbam.exe (default location is C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware).
  • Double-click on it and then press "Ok" to launch the program.
Follow these instructions to perform a Quick Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

Note: MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 MrtnzEnterprise

MrtnzEnterprise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Hey thanks for the advice, it worked and deleted a lot of stuff. my desktop icons are back and seem not to get any popups anynmore online HOWEVER
these problems now occur...

when i log on i get a bllue screen error and i have to restart the error says Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL. this error occurs any tie he wants and its frusteratiing. sometimes witihin a minute as i log on, another maybe an hr or so.

any suggestions to fix this?

also when i browse on the internet such as google, and i click a website it redirects me to windowsclicker and blocks the website. also it does not allow me to open certain programs such as spybot and other spyware programs

also my sound from my speakers work but my subwoofer just stopepd working out of nowhere. its plugged in and everything is connected but thye green light wont show on when i turn the speaker on. i think its all releated.

any suggestiosn plz helppp.!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

Please post the results of your MBAM scan for review.

To retrieve the MBAM scan log information, launch MBAB.
  • Click the Logs Tab at the top.
    • The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
      -- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
  • Click on the log name to highlight it.
  • Go to the bottom and click on Open.
  • The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
  • Go to Edit and choose Select all.
  • Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.
  • Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Lets do another scan to see if we find anything else that MBAM may have missed.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
alternate download link

Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scans in normal mode.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users