Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
. You may need to download from another computer, save it to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe
so it will install on the hard drive.
After downloading MBAN, open Task Manager and do this:
- Click the File menu and select New Task (Runů) or click the Applications Tab and select "New Task" at the bottom.
- Browse to the location of mbam-setup.exe.
- Double-click on it and then press "Ok" to start the install.
When installation is complete, the setup Wizard should show a checkmark next to Launch and Update MBAM, Click Finish
to open the program and update MBAM through the program's interface (preferable method
) or manually download the definition updates
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
If MBAM does not open, then do this:
- Launch Task Manager again, click the Applications Tab and select "New Task" at the bottom.
- Browse to the location of mbam.exe (default location is C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware).
- Double-click on it and then press "Ok" to launch the program.
Follow these instructions
to perform a Quick Scan
in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
(not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.Note: MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.