Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Embedded Media Player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Do you guys have any experience with embedded media players? If I understand the code right, I am using Windows Media Player based on this record in the html file:

type="application/x-mplayer2"

My question is what other media players are there usually to use? Or is Windows Media Player the only option? Could I use some java player or something like that?
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

A java player would be an applet, and yes, it is something one could use. There are any number of media players. Do you have particular restraints that limit you to a single format?

#3 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

A java player would be an applet, and yes, it is something one could use. There are any number of media players. Do you have particular restraints that limit you to a single format?

Well, I just want to play online radios and online TV stations on my web site. I do not know what formats they are using, but they usually work with type="application/x-mplayer2". I just fill in the url="http://example.com/example" and it runs. But I would like to experiment with other media players or java scripts if availble.

What could I try?

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

For most online feeds, they provide the HTML necessary to embed their content. Is there a particular site that you can not find the code for?

#5 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Yes, but I need to embed several feeds into one stile of a media player. I think WMP will do for me.

For offline feeds I am gonna use Flash player

But cant find a software to convert WMV to FLV... I installed like 5 softwares I found on google and all was crap, hope won`t get spywares

#6 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

When embedding Media Player, do I need to use both <object> and <embed> tags?

.. or is this an issue of the past?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users