Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop wont start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eggy1004

eggy1004

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

my dell inspiron e1505 wont start.

I was doing some homework and watching a video on gomplayer.

it suddently froze, no keys would work, ctrl alt delete wouldn't work so and I had to shut it down.

And then there after it won't start up.

It does turn on, with the starting light, but the capslock and numberslock keep flashing on and off

after a while it shuts down on its own.

PLEASE HELP.

I Have all my needed files on the computer and haven't saved any of it. And I dont think I have

enough money to buy a new motherboard/harddrive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:25 AM

Is it still under warranty? If so call dell, they will send someone out with a replacement motherboard or other parts the next day. Now i did have a friend with the same model as yours, and he had me look at it. I checked the processor, memory, hard drive, powersuppy, capacitors resistors ect. I resat eveything in that lappy and nothing worked. Eventually I told my friend when he was infront of me that I was going to shake it like a baby (No offense to anyone). So I proceeded to shake it, sat it down, and hit the power button....IT WORKED!!! I was thinking WTF!!! It still works to this day (its been about 2 years since the shaking). But I would call dell. To retrieve your files, you can get a 2 1/2 inch harddrive converter cable, and hook it into a desktop pc. This will give you access to your files so you can back it up to an external drive or cd.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 eggy1004

eggy1004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

Thanx for replying..=[

As for the shaking. was there a reason for ur action??
Im just truly hoping it will work for mine as well.

As for the warranty. Unfortuneatly no. I remember calling Dell for just a question about my internet not working and they tried to charge me $50. So calling dell is out of the option.

and how much would it cost me for this 2 1/2inch harddrive converter cable.??????

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

The reason for my shaking it was anger lol. But it did work. The 2 1/2 inch converter cable is about 5-10 dollars.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 eggy1004

eggy1004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

i tried shaking it, and it wont do..

But i noticed the fan doesnt turn on, so can that mean something?

as for this harddrive converter, how/where do i connect it. or how do u use it i should say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users