Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes at the start up screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monika

monika

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I have moved my computer today into my new office and gave it a good clean with compressed air as it seemed to accumulate lots of dust. Put it in my new office, turned it on, everything was okay, half an hour later it froze. Not a chance of restarting it so I turned it off manually, then started again. It comes up to the purple HP screen and that is it, nothing happens then. I tried to boot it from the back up cds I have for this computer but it doesn't do anything. Turned it off/on, disconnected the power supply to see if it has any effect, but nothing happens.
Can anyone please help me with this. Thanks so much.

It runs Windows Vista and it is HP Pentium 4. This is all I can tell right now.

Thanks for any help.

Monika x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Oh, now it asks me to boot from cd. When I put in any of the two back up cds, nothing happens and it asks me to do it again...help please...x

#3 megaman2000

megaman2000

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

There is a chance that you could have dislodged a HDD connection and or damaged the CPU. Take your PC apart and look and see if any connections are out and or damaged then get back to me.
I'll be glad to help anyway i can. :huh:

#4 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thanks...okay, will do..not sure I will be able to find anything out of ordinary...i am not so computer literate...will do my best though...thanks...x

#5 megaman2000

megaman2000

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

If anything looks out of place, broken or snapped that may be it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users