Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Motherboard problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yourcodenameisnick

yourcodenameisnick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hi, I'm new to these forums, as I'm looking for a computer type forum to 'hang out' at.

My problem involves a new motherboard and the mouse and keyboard, so sorry if I've posted in the wrong section ^^

Anyway, I built a computer at the end of last year for my friends mum, a cheap P4 setup that was capable of playing WoW and some other oldish games that her son would play on. Last month her PSU went, and took out the motherboard with it. A new motherboard and graphics card (new motherboard had a PCIe slot) and the PC will now boot up, but neither the mouse or the keyboard will work.
I've tried different keyboards/mice both USB/PS2 variants, but none work - even in the BIOS.

Any help?
Thanks, Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

If it is a new mo0therboard return it as defective.
If neither USB or PS\2 Mouse & keyboard work the motherboard is useless.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 yourcodenameisnick

yourcodenameisnick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Ok, thanks.
It was new, so hopefully I'll get a new (and working!) replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users