Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HOW TO READ FILES

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sobti_raj

sobti_raj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

SIR I WANT MY MAILS TO BE READ BY THE COMPUTER ESPECAILLY PDF FILES. HOW IT IS POSSIBLE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

To open/read .pdf files....a user must have a program installed that performs that function.

You might try the one at http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/re...terstitial.html (the free reader). Download and install it as a program and you will then have a program that allows opening/reading any .pdf file.

If you receive a file for which Windows has no known program installed for opening...it will tell you so and give you options.

Louis

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

I'm guessing at what you want to do here.
Are you wanting to have your email messages downloaded to your computer, so you don't have to log in on the internet to read them?
If this is the case, is the mail your isp mail or something like hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc?

In order to have messages downloaded to your hard drive, you'll need to set up an email client, such as Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, etc.
An email client can be configured to work with your ISP mail.

As for .pdf files, you'll need to get a program which will open them.
Adobe can be used, it can be downloaded from here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

If you mean something else when you say WANT MY MAILS TO BE READ BY THE COMPUTER please let us know.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

I get a feeling that sobti raj is trying to ask for a text-to-speech reader so he/she can make his/her computer read out emails and pdf files.

In that case, a very nice FREEware is NaturalReader : http://www.naturalreaders.com/free_version.htm. It supports emails, pdf, word, text etc. Best thing is that its freeware :thumbsup:

You can also google for "Microsoft TTS" or "Text-to-speech" for finding software that can read out files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users