Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer doesnt boot after cleaning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GabCas

GabCas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

I decided to clean out my computer after having numerous video card issues with over heating, so I decided to give the computer a good cleaning, I cleaned the inside especially around the fan, heat sink areas using compressed air and a small paintbrush. After that I booted it up it goes to the windows loading screen but it stops there and doesn't continue. I can however boot into safe mode but that's it.

I feel one of my issues is that I didn't ground my self properly, could that be it? I don't think I touched the right piece of unpainted metal...

It was my first time doing this. Thank You for reading and please help! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

This tutorial gives detailed information about cleaning the inside of your PC. Maybe you can figure out what the problem might be after reading it.

Good luck!

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Promethius

Promethius

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Remove the graphics card and try the onboard graphics (if you have one). If not buy a cheap PCI card and place that in the computer and see if it will boot.

All else fails look at the event viewer and see what it says or post any errors or cautions that show up and we will help you figure it out.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

Try reseating your memory and look for anything else that might have been knock loose
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users