Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting an Ipod Touch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 defurman

defurman

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:39 AM

I use a Thomson TG585v7 Router to access the Internet. Could anyone tell me if it is possible to connect an Ipod Touch to the router and gain access to the Internet. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

You very well can. Is this your first time setting up a wireless device with your router?
Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

#3 defurman

defurman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:09 AM

Yes it is. Hope you can help me o_rly

#4 danr

danr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Start with this from the user manual,

Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi settings determine whether iPod touch uses local Wi-Fi networks to connect to
the Internet.

Turn Wi-Fi on or off:
Choose Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on or off.

Join a Wi-Fi network: Choose Wi-Fi, wait a moment as iPod touch detects networks
in range, then select a network. If necessary, enter a password and tap Join. (Networks
that require a password appear with a lock icon.)

Once you’ve joined a Wi-Fi network manually, iPod touch automatically joins it
whenever the network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in
range, iPod touch joins the one last used.

When iPod touch is joined to a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi icon in the status bar at
the top of the screen shows signal strength. The more bars you see, the stronger the
signal.

Set iPod touch to ask if you want to join a new network: Choose Wi-Fi and turn “Ask
to Join Networks” on or off.

When you are trying to access the Internet, by using Safari or Mail for example, and
you are not in range of a Wi-Fi network you have previously used, this option tells
iPod touch to look for another network. iPod touch displays a list of all available Wi-Fi
networks that you can choose from. (Networks that require a password appear with
a lock icon.) If “Ask to Join New Networks” is turned off, you must manually join a
network to connect to the Internet when a previously used network isn’t available

If you need more help just ask.

#5 o_rly

o_rly

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

I don't have a Thomson TG585v7 router so bear with me. :thumbsup:

The first thing you need to do is to login to your router. Just go into your web browser and type 192.168.1.254 into the URL field.

You should see something with wireless configuration, so go there and set it up.

Post screenshots if anything doesn't go right.

Edited by o_rly, 29 March 2009 - 09:18 PM.

Don't mind me, I'm just lurking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users