Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't go online

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cherylg

cherylg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:41 AM

Please could you help me

I am a real novice - but have managed to assemble a Desktop which seemed fine but lately I have had difficulty connecting to the internet. I bought a new HDD as a bigger one seemed wise with the problem apparently solved then I suddenly lost the ability to go online. This was the problem that Id had with the other HDD where the following address defaulted to my IE 6 browser and would not budge:

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/ofcancl.htm

So I reformatted the new HDD (becoming very impressed with myself), but the computer internet connection closed spontaneously again when I was updating my newly installed Panda Platinum 8.

The following address appeared and it wont change no matter what I do I thought it might be a hijack but it wont let me connect to the internet at all.

Here is the path that appears when I try to connect:

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm

The IE page again tells me that it cant find the server internet explorer

Do you possibly think you might please be able to help me fix this?

Yours (blond, baffled and desperate)
cherylg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The Bear

The Bear

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:39 PM

What os
Dial up or Broadband
Did you check the device manager for errors
Did you install the drivers for the modem or nic card?

Also try this

Goto the add/remove select either window components (xp/me) or just do an update for ie win 98 se (sorry can't remember how to do that one )

Edited by The Bear, 20 August 2004 - 04:44 PM.

Computer help forums are full of those that go around the internet
clicking Willy Nilly and installing or downloading everything in site

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:45 PM

Also go into device manager tofind out if its even installed........no scratch that go into control panel and then hit modems and see if its even listed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users