Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft anti-spyware beta only free for a limited time ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SunnyTX

SunnyTX

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

I installed it after microsoft verified that mine was a legit windows software. It says this version expires on July 31, contact microsoft for updated version. So went back to microsoft and downloaded again (assuming I am getting an updated version) but I am getting the same message that it is only good till July 31 and I have contact microsoft for updated version. Is everybody getting that message. Is it not *free* afterall ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:55 AM

Official word has yet to come from MS about what will happen with MSAS after 31 July 2005.

Some have speculated that MS will continue to provide a free MSAS to registered Windows users.

Here is a review from "adwarereport.com" from May 2005 that notes the price will be
USD 80 and that MS is now planning on embedding it into their yearly subscription PC Tune Up service.

Review of MSAS
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 jaybee

jaybee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

this Microsoft Watch about MCAS Date Extension is what i had found yesterday and reported on another posting by myself, most around the netting community are starting to pull their hair out on this one. I for one am tired of the run around that M$ is doing but will stick it out.

#4 jaybee

jaybee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

Microsoft Antispyware Beta Refresh Download to expire in December 2005 :thumbsup:

Edited by jaybee, 23 June 2005 - 02:25 PM.

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:51 PM

The above link provided by jaybee to the Micro$oft Download site has the following note:

Existing users of the beta (Builds 1.0.501 and 1.0.509) will receive a software update that extends the expiration date and includes the enhancements to the detection and removal capabilities. The second beta refresh is also available for download through this site.

I'm going to d/l the second beta refresh.

:thumbsup: once again jaybee
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 jaybee

jaybee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

i like it because you do not have to uninstall or shutdown as this works as an update to the existing build, just install it and reboot, thats it :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users