Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost files (please help!)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrkayz

mrkayz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Hi everyone, i am a new user here...nice to meet you all...

Anyway,i am having a big problem regarding my important files. Yesterday i want to transfer my video from my mobile into my laptop. So,i cut it from my memory card and paste it on my desktop. HOWEVER, suddenly the videos gone. :thumbsup: They just disappear like that when i paste them on my desktop,which is really weird for me because i had never experienced this problem before. I had already try to search the movies using the search application,but,there was no result. besides, i also had tried several software that can undelete or undo deleted files,but, still, there were no results for my videos. i also searched my mobile,but,the movies is not there..Please, i really in need of that movies because its really important for my study. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

Hopefully you still haven't overwritten the memory card.

Here is a free trial: http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/data-recovery-downloads/

It will let you recover one file free. There are some free recovery programs out there but I lost track of them. You might have overwritten the files already.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Zachary09

Zachary09

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Here's something that is 100% free: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

$652.50 / $829.99 raised for this PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users