Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie Ramblings

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blainehof

blainehof

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

Hey,
Though I'm not new to forums I'm new to Bleeping Computer so I'm not sure if this is the spot where I'll get an answer to this question but here goes. I realize that there are way more people asking for help than people that can supply help, so I'm sensitive to the fact that I don't want to waste an experts valuable time if I don't need it. My Hijack This log seems to have some items that are slightly suspicious but my computer is running alright. How do you know if you have a legitimate reason for posting your log or you're just using someone's time that could be better spent on someone else's more serious problem. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, though it wouldn't be much, I think a site such as this is really valuable and I was wondering if there's a way to make a small monetary donation much as on might do to a sight like Spybot or Mozilla.Thanks,
Blaine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

:trumpet:

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, you could read this first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

I am sure it is self explainitory?

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

No Question or request for help is ignored.
It may take some time to get to such but help is here.

There are no dumb questions here. We all learn from another.

No site donations are requested. We are all volunteers.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 blainehof

blainehof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Thanks to both of you for your response. This is a great site, it's almost overwhelming how much information is here. I'm still just cruising around and getting to know the various forums, topics, links, etc.
Blainehof

#5 Chloecatgirl

Chloecatgirl

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

hi! I'm a n00b too! :flowers: :thumbsup:

#6 blainehof

blainehof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

hi! I'm a n00b too! :flowers: :thumbsup:

Hey Chloecatgirl,
I guess there's a lot of us newbie's out there. I guess it's kind of nice to know that there are other people going through pretty much the same thing all over the world. I feel like my computer savvy is not terrible but there always seems to be areas that I get stuck in and I'm always heartened by the fact that there are people still willing to help just because they feel like helping. Anyways, I'm blabbing on about nothing. Have a great day.
Blainehof

#7 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

:trumpet:

Actually, Mates, this Section is designed for General Chat so blab away all you want here and just relax.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

everyone of us here was a N00B at one time. You gotta start somewhere, might as well start at the bottom and learn up.

Posted Image

#9 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

Everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up. How far you want to go up is within your own discretion is what I'd say.

Me, I'm just a guy who knows some stuff here and there while being a hypocritical lurker.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users