Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicktime will not uninstall

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 melthatsme

melthatsme

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hi, my itunes stopped working and i uninstall it and tried to uninstall quicktime and that is where the problem started. I got the error 2096 that loads of people get, but have tried deleting many ways and it wont go. Basicly i have got down to the problem but have no idea how to fix it.
When i go into program files/quicktime i can delete all fines in there except QTsystem. When i try to delete this it shows the same error that i get when i try many other ways to uninstall qucktime
CFchartactersetBitmaps.bitmap Access is denied
Make sure disk is not full or write protected.
I haven't been able to use my itunes in 2 weeks. please someone help!!
Thanks heaps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

try this buddy http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9...1bd/msicuu2.exe

Microsoft installation cleaner. All I did was run it, delete everything that said quicktime, and then reinstalled itunes and then uninstalled quicktime and installed quicktime alternative from http://www.free-codecs.com

Worked for me!

#3 melthatsme

melthatsme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

thanks so much for replying. When i click on that link it gives me the option to run it, then it disappears and i cant find it on my machine anywhere so can not do the search for quicktime? any other program that might do the same thing? or do you have another link to the software?
thanks1

Edited by melthatsme, 29 March 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

This should work better

#5 melthatsme

melthatsme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:28 AM

Thanks heaps for that and sorry for reply. It did work!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users