Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My new DSL acts like Dial Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trans Geek Lily

Trans Geek Lily

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

So I switched from AT&T DSL to Comcast yesterday and ever since then my connection just dies on me every time the phone rings and is in use. When hung up and not in use my DSL reconnects and has no problems. It also can't find the home network I connect to when it disconnected until the phone is not in use. I use wireless USB for internet on my desktop that connects through the DSL modem on my parent's computer. I'm shocked because this isn't supposed to happen with DSL and it's never happened before. any idea why this happens?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

Well, the main problem is Comcast internet is the worst POS to be invented. I had a client with comcast, and they were at the end of the chain of connections, which means that instead of the promised 3 Megabits per second, they were running far below 1 Megabit per second. They had to wait almost a year before they got connected to a new circuit. I would look into DSL filters, which would help any reception problems with your phone line, but I would go with a cable line. Usually they are faster and more reliable.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users