Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powerpoint how do you save it so it opens as a pre

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Haroldo

Haroldo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:57 AM

How do I set up a Powerpoint file so that, when the recipient opens it up, it is a presentation. Currently (despite selecting the format Save As... presentation), the files open up with all the Powerpoint tools showing, toolbars, preview panes, etc. (yes I know they can get a viewer only, but I am preparing a presentation that will be sent to people who have, but don't generally use, Powerpoint).
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

Are you talking about sending the presentation you made by email or giving it to a friend via disk and make it open as the presentation? Just curious.......

#3 Haroldo

Haroldo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:15 AM

I'd like to send it via e-mails to people who aren't necessarily tech-savy. I'd like them to double click the icon and have it launch into the presentation

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:00 PM

Here ya go!
when you are done with the PP show you made. Click "SAVE AS" the second drop down box,(it has a arrow that you click and it drops down) under the title of the show has an option for Power Point Show (.pps) click on that and hit save! It works just like you want it to attach it to a email and go!

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:14 PM

Heres a example of a save as and the drop down box. Just hit it it drops down and hit safe as pp show..........
Click here to see the pic:
http://img4.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img4&image=untitled481.jpg

#6 Haroldo

Haroldo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:33 PM

Sorry, but when I do that it opens up as if it were saved like a Presentation, that is, with the toolbars, etc. showing.

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

Larry let me give you a kinda like tutorial with pics on how to do it........This worked for me but you might not have done it right.........Check back in later and ill have some more pics and how this works ok. Im sorry it didnt work for you....... O did you save it to your desktop.......so you could view it. Make sure you saved it as pp show in the drop down box did you do that? See my pic above if you didnt.

#8 Haroldo

Haroldo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:58 PM

thanks

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:46 PM

Ok heres a link to a pic of what you need to do. Its a pic of the adzact drop down.......... Are you using xp or 98 for windows?
http://img48.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img48&image=untitled396.jpg
do the above steps and tell me if it doesnt work for you..........

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:54 PM

Did it work for you I just wondered you never said if it did or didnt?

#11 Haroldo

Haroldo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:29 AM

I am using a 'heavily neutered' office NT (I believe) computer. I tried exactly what you suggested, yet it still opens up as a 'work in progress' rather than a show. Oh well, thanks anyway!

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:18 AM

I cant belive that..........hum dont make sense..nothing can be worse than this pc.! LOl if I find anything else out ill put it here for you.
Sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users