Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zone Alarm - Time Executable requesting permission

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hkjroberts

hkjroberts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

Hi There, I am new to this, I have never used a forum before - unbelievable being as I have been online since the year dot!! Anyway, please can someone help!!

I have a Zone Alarm firewall and it has suddenly started asking for permission for "Time Executable" to access. Is it safe, is it part of my PC somewhere?? I would be very grateful for any info, thanks

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Do you have a Lexmark printer?

#3 01d5od

01d5od

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Hi There, I am new to this, I have never used a forum before - unbelievable being as I have been online since the year dot!! Anyway, please can someone help!!

I have a Zone Alarm firewall and it has suddenly started asking for permission for "Time Executable" to access. Is it safe, is it part of my PC somewhere?? I would be very grateful for any info, thanks

:thumbsup:

Right click the program in the ZA's program list and open up the Properties - the information as what and where the file is seen will help determine a decision.
(note it may not appear in the list as time executable and it may appear will a different file name, so 'hunting' may be needed)
Check the Logs for the program activity as to where this program made the network attempts - perhaps a dns server for a domain lookup or a local area network connection or an internet addrress. This too will help determine what to do with the program in question.

Richard.
ZA Pro & Avira antivirus & SSM Pro & Privoxy & Protowall & Opera for security. Topped off with a limited user account on fully updated XP HE SP3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users