Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

webcam woes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sirglitch

sirglitch

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

i am running on a hp pavilion dv2000 with windows vista.
the integrated 1.3 megapixel webcamera is not dectecded when i try to use it
in the device manager it is not listed
i tried to add it with add hardware but that caused it to show up with an exclmation point next to it
i tried downloading the driver from the hp website no luck
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...s=true#thankyou
no cd came with the computer so no luck there

i thought that if i could rollback the driver it would work again but that was not an available option

thank you for any help you can give. and let me know if any additional information is needed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sirglitch

sirglitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

i went into properties in device manager and found out that it is a "code 10" which means that:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."
windows claims that the most current driver is installed

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

Try uninstalling the device from Device Manager (right click and select "Uninstall")
Then try uninstalling the camera software from Control Panel...Programs and Features...Uninstall a program.

Reboot

If Windows detects the webcam and installs it, great! If not, then go ahead and install the driver again to see if that helps.

Please let us know the exact model number of your HP system (there's 161 of them on this page: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_la...&submit.y=4 )
This page shows the location of the exact model number (#1 in the photo): http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...p;product=18073
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 sirglitch

sirglitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

i uninstalled the device in the manager
i uninstalled the driver and restarted
i rebooted

i tried the cam and it did not detect any cameras
i reinstalled the driver from hp
i rebooted

i tried the camera again still none were detected

the exact model number is :

HP Pavilion dv2415nr Notebook PC

#5 sirglitch

sirglitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:16 AM

webcam was being stubborn so i tried the extreme route of backing up files and restoring factory settings as a last resort.

the webcam now works great but i have no idea what caused it to be screwy any ideas that anyone has would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users