Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Car Picture

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

I was thinking that this would be a very cool idea to have people post pictures of there cars. Mine is a 1998 Dodge Stratus (I will have a picture later). So go crazy!!!

EDIT: could a mod please delete the "x" before car. Thank You

Edited by frankie12, 13 June 2005 - 09:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:46 AM

My car is a 2002 Mini Cooper. My dad bought it a few years ago, and i started driving it to high school, and will soon take it to NCSU. I don't have a good close pic of it, but i do have a mock-up of it from GT4.....

Posted Image

And a pic of it in my driveway behind my cat.....

Posted Image

It's extremely fun to drive, and pretty gas efficient (well, if you drive it normally.... i usually only get around 30-35 mpg cause i can't help but rev it up all the time...)

#3 ganna

ganna

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:01 AM

My car is a Land Rover Defender 90....I lurve it.

I always wanted one so it's cool to get a car you've always wanted...plus you don't see too many female drivers of it on the roads here!

The pic is not of mine but of an image I found through Google...the colour is the same, mine is a soft top too but the top is khaki not black & for the summer months its rolled up!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/ganna10/MyCar.bmp
It's great being an anorak

#4 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:24 PM

heres mine

its an mgzr

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 red59convt

red59convt

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:34 AM

Up until last May, I had three vehicles.
I sold my 78 Mark v Diamond Jubilee Edition.
That leaves me with my 2003 Dakota R/T pickup, and my 59 Continental MKIV convertible.
For right now, This is a picture of the 59 convertible.
I am restoring it little by little, when the time and finances allow.
I bought it a litle over a year ago for practically nothing.
It had been stored in a barn for years until I came along.
With any luck, it should be finished by this time next year.
Tomorrow, I will see about posting a few pics of the Dakota.
Bob.

Posted Image

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

Man, that's an awesome car. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to have a classic car like that, but alas, i have no money and no skills..... Even if i could find car like that that's busted up and rusted out, i wouldn't even know where to begin to restore it.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 11 October 2005 - 04:33 PM.

#7 red59convt

red59convt

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

Man, that's an awesome car. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to have a classic car like that, but alas, i have no money and no skills..... Even if i could find car like that that's busted up and rusted out, i wouldn't even know where to begin to restore it.

Restoring a classic car is not that difficult(even for those with limited skills).
The first thing to consider is what are you willing to do in the restoration process.
I found this car online and as fate would have it, it was only a half hour drive away.
IT had been stored for 22 years in a barn
The car is a one owner.
A woman bought it new in 59 and when she died, her grandson put it in the barn hoping to keep it and restore it someday.
He lost interest in it and put it up for sale.
It needed a lot of mechanical work which I was able to do myself.
I also painted it myself.
The one thing I won't be able to do is the seats.
I did re- do the padded dash and refinished the steering wheel.
As for the custom skirts on it, they are a product of my photo editing program on my computer.
I have been toying with the idea of removing the stock fender skirts(which really don't look much like skirts at all) and have custom ones made by a body shop.
Editing the picture on my computer allowed me to see what the final skirts will look like.
As for buying one of these classics, they are on ebay once and a while.
Only 2195 were ever produced so, they are rare.
As for help in restoring one, there are a few forums online where we help one another with any problems we come up against.
Sorta like this site on computers.
The one thing that you have to think about in any classic restoration is , DON'T HURRY.
The restoration does not have to be finished in weeks, months, or even a couple of years.
These things take time and money.
I only work on mine when I have both.
I am in no hurry.
Right now, it looks a thousand times better than it did the first day I laid eyes on it.
Hope I can get you motivated enough to get involved with rebuilding your own classic car.
You can get one some day, if you really want it.
I decided four years ago I wanted a 59 Continental convertible.
I didn't have any money, but I knew somehow I would raise what I needed if I found the right car, and that is exactly what happened.
I found the car I wanted and asked my boss to loan me the bucks.
He agreed and, and the rest is history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users