Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visting Crashing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mdterp

mdterp

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

Recently, my computer has been crashing randomly. Sometimes it will just shut off, other times I'll get "The Blue Screen". I don't know if this sounds more like a hardware or software problem so any help as to what I should do from here would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

hi,,, when it's on take a look in event viewer and post back with the info,,,,, type "event viewer" into start menu search box and press enter,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 mdterp

mdterp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

I ran a hijackthis scan. Would posting that log help? I also ran a malwarebytes anti-malware scan. It showed as there being infected files but I'm not sure if they are completely taken care of.

#4 Promethius

Promethius

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

the event viewer information would be more helpful as it tell exactly what errors are showing

just curious how much RAM does this system have? I have a theory and would like to compare.

Post back how much RAM you have and we will go over a few things.

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:06 AM

hi,,, are you saying that malwarebytes found somthing and you did not quarentine what it found????,,, run it again and get rid of all the nasties,,,, this is a must before you go any further,,,, then post the event viewer info and the info that the Greek god has asked for ;)
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#6 mdterp

mdterp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

Alright, so I found the event viewer log, but I do not know how to post that information. I was hoping it was just a matter of copy&paste, but it isn't. Also I have 2 GB of ram.

P.S. The topic for this forum is a typo, I meant to write "Vista" not "visting". Sorry about that

Edited by mdterp, 28 March 2009 - 09:37 AM.

#7 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

hi,,,, highlite everything it says in the event box in event viewer and then press Ctrl + C,,,, then in the post window on here where the cursor is flashing press Ctrl + V,,, this will copy and paste.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users