Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with this BHO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 iendacard

iendacard

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Hey everyone. I'm dealing with a computer at work that has had a plethora of symptoms. IE8 was installed (I sighed too) and had been working fine, but then it stopped displaying images. After that, there were popups galore. After an Ad-Aware scan and a restart, I was unable to log back in. I'd be logged out as soon as I got to the desktop. That problem was fixed by loading a copy of userinit.exe from another computer from a USB flash drive in recovery console. I did another scan and was able to remove a Win32.TrojanDropper, but IE8 had the same symptoms. I reinstalled it and images will load now, but it will only load https sites! Chrome and Firefox both work fine. I also tried IE7 with the same results.

The only things left that I see in the HJT log are the O2 and O20 that share the same random-looking filename. I've attempted to use KillBox to remove the file, even in Safe Mode and on restart, to no avail. I read something that suggested this might be a Look2Me infection, but I'm not sure.. Help? :thumbup2:

I also noticed two suspicious processes, the win/sys32/b*.exe files. I should also mention I've been through msconfig to disable any weird services and processes on startup, but these things continue to load.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:09:57 PM, on 3/27/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0013)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus XtremeG\AirPlusCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet 7100 series\Bin\hpogrp07.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoevm07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpoipm07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOSTS07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOFXM07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
c:\program files\common files\mozilla shared\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:7171
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;<local>
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CC66154A-284C-4CE2-B684-3D9B358E614C} - c:\windows\system32\jdhvixj.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus XtremeG] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus XtremeG\AirPlusCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCS2Service] C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Thowec] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\iqegikekibehav.dll",e
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp officejet 7100 series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet 7100 series\Bin\hpogrp07.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750203-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/..._2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {FD0B6769-6490-4A91-AA0A-B5AE0DC75AC9} (Performance Viewer Activex Control) - https://secure.logmein.com/activex/ractrl.cab?lmi=100
O20 - Winlogon Notify: scjsgyjy - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jdhvixj.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tenn/graphics...-08-main-bg.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hi,

I'm dealing with a computer at work that has had a plethora of symptoms

Since you are posting a log from a Company owned computer... There are a few things that need attention first before we proceed with this..

* You must inform your Supervisor immediately.

This because of:
  • Most company machines are connected into a network at some time or other, and your infection may compromise the security of that network.
  • If sensitive material is compromised by an infection, your company could be held liable.
* Your Company must give permission for us to give you assistance.

This because of:
  • We are not here to replace your company's IT Department. If there's an IT Department, then they are responsible to deal with this.
  • There may be sensitive material on your computer that your company would not want revealed in an open forum.
Also, since this is a computer used at work - the first thing I always advise is to back up important files you don't want to lose, this since malware causes a system unstable and it may happen that it suddenly won't boot anymore, because of the damage already present.

Then, * Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • In case you already used MBAM previously, please update it before proceeding with the scan. To do this, click the "Update" tab and click the "Check For updates" button.
  • Once the program has loaded and updates were downloaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Extra note.. In case you lost internet access after performing above instructions:

In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.
In Firefox in Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 iendacard

iendacard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

Hello there,

Supervisor has been informed and has consented to let me deal with the computer however I can. I constitute the entirety of the IT department :thumbup2: Very small company.

There seems to have been quite a severe infection. The corresponding O2 and O20 in the HJT were not removed by Malwarebytes. Most of the suspicious things I caught did turn out to be viruses, as you can see:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.35
Database version: 1904
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

3/30/2009 2:28:06 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-30 (14-28-06).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 83074
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 13
Registry Values Infected: 5
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 7
Files Infected: 20

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jdhvixj.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{cc66154a-284c-4ce2-b684-3d9b358e614c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\scjsgyjy (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{cc66154a-284c-4ce2-b684-3d9b358e614c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d5bf4552-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6fea037a-e191-429d-af3f-05263297fc80} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{dc4393ca-f1d0-4b60-9414-08bc7c527076} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\cguembyj (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\cguembyj (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cguembyj (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{cc66154a-284c-4ce2-b684-3d9b358e614c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CrucialSoft Ltd (Rogue.MSantispyware2009) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ms antispyware 2009 5.7 (Rogue.MSAntiSpyware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\thowec (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Settings\bf (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Settings\bk (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Settings\iu (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Settings\mu (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009 (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009\BASE (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009\DELETED (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009\LOG (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009\SAVED (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\system32\jdhvixj.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\pp05.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bidisp.dll (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdfvie.dll (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dll32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsari3jndsbfi73.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\edydwoj.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\winlognn.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009\msas2009.exe (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CrucialSoft Ltd\MS AntiSpyware 2009\LOG\20090326150731306.log (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mstre15.exe (Trojan.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\freddy39.exe (Trojan.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msmark2.dat (Trojan.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\t55ft2792f44.dat (Trojan.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\t55ft2809f44.dat (Trojan.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\t55ft2810f44.dat (Trojan.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\iqegikekibehav.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsaupdater.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ahtn.htm (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:31:26 PM, on 3/30/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus XtremeG\AirPlusCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet 7100 series\Bin\hpogrp07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoevm07.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpoipm07.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoflt07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOSTS07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOFXM07.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:7171
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;<local>
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CC66154A-284C-4CE2-B684-3D9B358E614C} - c:\windows\system32\jdhvixj.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus XtremeG] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus XtremeG\AirPlusCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCS2Service] C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp officejet 7100 series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet 7100 series\Bin\hpogrp07.exe
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750203-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/..._2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {FD0B6769-6490-4A91-AA0A-B5AE0DC75AC9} (Performance Viewer Activex Control) - https://secure.logmein.com/activex/ractrl.cab?lmi=100
O20 - Winlogon Notify: scjsgyjy - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jdhvixj.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tenn/graphics...-08-main-bg.jpg

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hi,

* Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Post the log from ComboFix in your next reply.

Please make sure you disable ALL of your Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall before running ComboFix..This because Security Software may see some components ComboFix uses (prep.com for example) as suspicious and blocks the tool, or even deletes it. Please visit HERE if you don't know how.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 iendacard

iendacard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

The problem with IE remains. Another MB Anti Malware scan still found Vundo.H lurking in the same files and reg keys as before.

ComboFix 09-03-30.04 - Owner 2009-03-31 12:10:46.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1519.1096 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Owner\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\windows\9g234sdff3d23dfgjf23
c:\windows\ld03.exe
c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\MS AntiSpyware 2009
c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\MS AntiSpyware 2009\MS AntiSpyware 2009.lnk
c:\windows\system32\nfr.assembly
c:\windows\system32\nfr.gpref
c:\windows\Temp\3872138122.exe
c:\windows\Temp\462853964.exe
c:\windows\Temp\473010214.exe
D:\Autorun.inf

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-02-28 to 2009-03-31 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-03-31 08:13 . 2009-03-31 08:14 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\CCleaner
2009-03-30 13:56 . 2009-03-30 13:56 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2009-03-30 13:56 . 2009-03-30 13:56 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-03-30 13:56 . 2009-03-30 13:56 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-03-30 13:56 . 2009-03-26 16:49 38,496 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2009-03-30 13:56 . 2009-03-26 16:49 15,504 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2009-03-30 04:01 . 2009-03-30 04:01 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\Application Data\aghmzyuj
2009-03-29 01:53 . 2009-03-29 01:53 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\aghmzyuj
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-20 19:15 6,066,688 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieframe.dll
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2007-04-17 05:32 2,455,488 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieapfltr.dat
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2007-03-08 01:10 991,232 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieframe.dll.mui
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-20 19:15 459,264 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msfeeds.dll
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-20 19:15 383,488 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieapfltr.dll
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-20 19:15 267,776 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\iertutil.dll
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-20 19:15 63,488 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\icardie.dll
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-20 19:15 52,224 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msfeedsbs.dll
2009-03-28 01:46 . 2008-12-19 05:10 13,824 -----c--- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ieudinit.exe
2009-03-27 14:14 . 2009-03-27 14:14 <DIR> d--hs---- c:\documents and settings\Owner\IETldCache
2009-03-27 14:14 . 2009-03-27 14:14 <DIR> d--hs---- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\IETldCache
2009-03-27 14:14 . 2009-03-27 14:14 <DIR> d--hs---- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\IETldCache
2009-03-27 14:08 . 2007-08-13 18:45 78,336 --a------ c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2009-03-27 13:16 . 2009-03-09 15:06 15,688 --a------ c:\windows\system32\lsdelete.exe
2009-03-27 10:36 . 2009-03-27 11:53 <DIR> d-------- C:\!KillBox
2009-03-27 08:07 . 2005-03-23 23:22 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\WINDOWS
2009-03-27 08:07 . 2007-03-07 02:42 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Application Data\SampleView
2009-03-27 08:07 . 2007-03-07 02:42 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Administrator\Application Data\McAfee
2009-03-27 08:06 . 2009-03-27 08:07 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Administrator
2009-03-27 06:02 . 2008-04-13 16:12 26,112 --a------ c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
2009-03-26 18:19 . 2005-03-23 23:22 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Guest\WINDOWS
2009-03-26 18:19 . 2007-03-07 02:42 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Guest\Application Data\SampleView
2009-03-26 18:19 . 2007-03-07 02:42 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Guest\Application Data\McAfee
2009-03-26 18:19 . 2009-03-27 09:16 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Guest
2009-03-26 16:31 . 2009-03-26 16:31 1 ---h----- c:\windows\f23567.dat
2009-03-26 16:13 . 2009-03-26 16:13 <DIR> d----c--- c:\windows\system32\DRVSTORE
2009-03-26 16:13 . 2009-03-09 15:06 64,160 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\Lbd.sys
2009-03-26 16:12 . 2009-03-26 16:12 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Lavasoft
2009-03-26 16:12 . 2009-03-26 16:12 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2009-03-26 16:12 . 2009-03-26 16:12 <DIR> d--h-c--- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{7972B2E5-3E09-4E5E-81B7-FE5819D6772F}
2009-03-26 15:44 . 2009-03-26 15:44 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2009-02-26 17:11 . 2009-02-26 17:11 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Avant Profiles
2009-02-26 17:10 . 2009-02-26 17:11 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Avant Browser
2009-02-13 09:59 . 2009-03-18 16:56 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Move Networks

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-03-31 12:21 --------- d-----w c:\program files\LogMeIn
2009-01-29 15:27 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\alot
2009-01-28 20:57 --------- d-----w c:\program files\alot
2007-03-14 15:28 0 -c--a-w c:\program files\error.dat

------- Sigcheck -------

2008-04-13 20:12 26112 a93aee1928a9d7ce3e16d24ec7380f89 c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\cf8ec753e88561d2ddb53e183dc05c3e\userinit.exe
2008-04-13 16:12 26112 a93aee1928a9d7ce3e16d24ec7380f89 c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSMSGS"="c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2004-10-13 1694208]
"swg"="c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-05-20 68856]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 15360]
"Google Update"="c:\documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" [2009-03-27 133104]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Recguard"="c:\windows\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE" [2002-09-14 212992]
"ControlCenter2.0"="c:\program files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe" [2005-07-13 933888]
"D-Link AirPlus XtremeG"="c:\program files\D-Link\AirPlus XtremeG\AirPlusCFG.exe" [2004-10-27 987136]
"ANIWZCS2Service"="c:\program files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe" [2004-10-14 45056]
"LogMeIn GUI"="c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe" [2008-07-24 63048]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2008-09-06 413696]
"Ad-Watch"="c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe" [2009-03-09 515416]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"RunNarrator"="Narrator.exe" [2004-08-04 c:\windows\system32\narrator.exe]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
HPAiODevice(hp officejet 7100 series) - 1.lnk - c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet 7100 series\Bin\hpogrp07.exe [2003-06-25 495682]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\LMIinit]
2008-10-16 20:35 87352 c:\windows\system32\LMIinit.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
Notification Packages REG_MULTI_SZ scecli afuatsr.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service]
@="Service"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\dll]
dll32 [X]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HotKeysCmds]
--a------ 2004-08-20 19:51 118784 c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IgfxTray]
--a------ 2004-08-20 19:55 155648 c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
--a------ 2008-09-06 16:09 413696 c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SunJavaUpdateSched]
--a------ 2009-01-16 11:38 136600 c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\updateMgr]
-ra------ 2006-03-30 16:45 313472 c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\java.exe"=
"c:\\Documents and Settings\\Owner\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\\mbam.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"3389:TCP"= 3389:TCP:@xpsp2res.dll,-22009

R0 Lbd;Lbd;c:\windows\system32\drivers\Lbd.sys [2009-03-26 64160]
R0 ovngpabf;ovngpabf;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ovngpabf.sys [2005-03-23 23424]
R2 Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe [2009-03-09 951632]
R2 LMIInfo;LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider;c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\rainfo.sys [2008-07-24 12856]
R2 LMIRfsDriver;LogMeIn Remote File System Driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\LMIRfsDriver.sys [2008-09-30 47640]
S3 A5AGU;D-Link USB Wireless Network Adapter Service;c:\windows\system32\drivers\A5AGU.sys [2004-10-06 283904]
S3 ATHFMWDL;D-Link predator Bootloader driver;c:\windows\system32\drivers\Athfmwdl.sys [2004-10-04 43392]
S4 LMIRfsClientNP;LMIRfsClientNP; [x]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost - NetSvcs
cguembyj
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2009-03-30 c:\windows\Tasks\Ad-Aware Update (Weekly).job
- c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Ad-AwareAdmin.exe [2009-03-09 15:06]

2009-03-31 c:\windows\Tasks\At1.job
- c:\windows\system32\jdhvixj.dll [2004-08-04 15:00]

2009-03-31 c:\windows\Tasks\At2.job
- c:\windows\system32\jdhvixj.dll [2004-08-04 15:00]

2009-03-31 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1658673249-1704365996-2580727681-1003.job
- c:\documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-03-27 13:37]
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

BHO-{CC66154A-284C-4CE2-B684-3D9B358E614C} - c:\windows\system32\jdhvixj.dll
Notify-scjsgyjy - jdhvixj.dll
MSConfigStartUp-Diagnostic Manager - c:\docume~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\376592432.exe
MSConfigStartUp-pp - c:\windows\pp05.exe
MSConfigStartUp-sysfbtray - c:\windows\freddy39.exe
MSConfigStartUp-sysldtray - c:\windows\ld03.exe
MSConfigStartUp-sysmstray - c:\windows\mstre15.exe

------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "c:\program files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:7171
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;<local>
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5o21d28x.default\
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.http - localhost
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.http_port - 7171
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.type - 4
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\1.2.141.5\npGoogleOneClick7.dll

catchme 0.3.1375 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-03-31 12:15:17
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(656)
c:\windows\system32\LMIinit.dll
c:\windows\system32\LMIRfsClientNP.dll

- - - - - - - > 'lsass.exe'(712)
c:\windows\afuatsr.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\windows\system32\BRSVC01A.EXE
c:\windows\system32\BRSS01A.EXE
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\ramaint.exe
c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
c:\windows\system32\wdfmgr.exe
c:\windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
c:\windows\system32\wscntfy.exe
c:\program files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
c:\progra~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoevm07.exe
c:\windows\system32\hpoipm07.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\Bin\hposts07.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpofxm07.exe
Completion time: 2009-03-31 12:18:40 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-03-31 16:18:27

Pre-Run: 56,094,830,592 bytes free
Post-Run: 56,295,579,648 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

222 --- E O F --- 2009-03-28 07:00:48

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

First of all....

Open IE:
In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

Open Firefox:
In Firefox in Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection and uncheck to use a proxy server there as well.

Then,

I see you are running AdWatch.
I suggest you disable it because it can interfere with the fixes.

To disable AdWatch:

* Right click on the Ad-Watch icon in the system tray.
* At the bottom of the screen there will be two checkable items called Active and Automatic.
o Active: This will turn Ad-Watch On\Off without closing it.
o Automatic: Suspicious activity will be blocked automatically.
* Uncheck both of those boxes.
* (When done, you can re-enable it using the same steps but this time check both boxes.)
Then,

* Open notepad - don't use any other texteditor than notepad or the script will fail.
Copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into notepad:

File::
c:\windows\system32\jdhvixj.dll
c:\windows\Tasks\At1.job
c:\windows\Tasks\At2.job
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ovngpabf.sys
c:\windows\f23567.dat
c:\program files\error.dat
Collect::[8]
c:\windows\afuatsr.dll
NetSvc::
cguembyj
Driver::
ovngpabf
Registry::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
"Notification Packages"=hex(7):73,63,65,63,6c,69,00,00
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\dll]

Save this as txtfile CFScript

Then drag the CFScript into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

Posted Image

This will start ComboFix again.
Then, please visit this site:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=8
Where it says: "Browse to the file you want to submit", use the Browse button to navigate to the following file: C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\[8]-Submit_date_time.zip (date_time will be replaced with the date and time when this file was created)
Then click the "Send File" button below in order to upload it.

After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply.

#7 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:15 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users