Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS entries reset to zero at reboot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jedward

Jedward

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Hi, I cleaned my computer a week or so ago following walkthroughs on majorgeeks, which worked great, but now I have a network issue I can't get worked out. When the computer reboots my DNS entries are zeroed out and I have to re-enter them manually to get connectivity. I'm on a static ip and am the only computer on this router (Linksys Wireless-G) having an issue. The thread at majorgeeks is here
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1306121#post1306121

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Well, I see you got anxious and ran Combofix unassisted
We do not support Combofix outside of the HJT forum
In the tutorial,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/h...ombofix#restore
at the very bottom, this is mentioned:

Manually restoring the Internet connection

If, by some chance, you no longer have access to your Internet connection after running ComboFix then the first thing to try is to reboot your computer. This step alone should fix the vast majority of issues with no Internet connection after running ComboFix. If you still do not have an Internet connection after rebooting then please perform the following steps:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on the Settings menu option.
3. Click on the Control Panel option.
4. When the Control Panel opens, double-click on the Network Connections icon. If your Control Panel is set to Category View, then double-click on Network and Internet Connections and then click on Network Connections at the bottom.
5. You will now see a list of available network connections. Locate the connection for your Wireless or Lan adapter and right-click on it.
6. You will now see a menu similar to the image below. Simply click on the Repair menu option.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users