Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Streets & Trips problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dickward

dickward

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

I am stumped!

I bought MS Streets & Trips a few months ago from MS. They sent it to me in the little plastic case with the Key attached. It worked for a while, then when I did a clean install on my laptop, it would not reload. I tried it on my new built desktop and it got the error 1305 reading from file.

I tried again a few days later and now it causes my machine to shut off and reboot. I canít figure out where to go. I have not found a friendly avenue from the MS support website.

What do you think?

Thank You
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sparkleflap

Sparkleflap

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

Perhaps it won't let you reinstall it because it was registered for one time use or something similar. Your best bet would be to contact a member of MS Support and ask them. If it is a registration issue they should renew your registration. Hopefully. And if not, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction!
Jason Vidler
Technical Support
Ryan Catholic College

#3 dickward

dickward
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

MS Customer service helped me out. It was a scratched disk.

She went on my computer and tried some things then when it rebooted on it's own she told me to just go to their site and download the trial. Then I already had the key from the one that they had sent in the first place to activate it with.

I have begun to learn that I need to save anything I get into on my external HD, so that when I get scratched up, I can just burn me another copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users