Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue printers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have a user running Windows XP, on a Windows SBS 2003 environment. Every time I remove the printers manually from his workstation they reappear when he logs on to another workstation. If he returns back to he original computer the printers are back again. The printers at one point resided on the server, but no longer do so. I have made sure there are no traces of these printers on the server, including registry entries. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jmastro

jmastro

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

Check his user account in DSA.MSC and make sure that his login script is what it should be. Verify that his logon script matches the rest of the users, if not, either make it match by specifying the correct script in AD Users and Computers OR modify the script to not attempt to connect to printers and their drivers that do not exist.

I would suggest the later, because if he is on a special script, there is probably a reason why and you just do not have the full history as to WHY he is on a special script.

#3 ice2921

ice2921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

There are no scripts associated with this user or anyone else in his particular group.

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:55 AM

Hi, does he have a roaming profile? If so that seems to be what is happening....every time he logs on they remap.
MCP
MSDST

#5 ice2921

ice2921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

No roaming profiles are disabled. Thanks for your reply.

#6 James K

James K

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:28 AM

a stab in the dark there is no local logon scripts setup for this user is there?

James,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users