Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logging in twice

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

Hello

The problem/question i have is when logging into my account (Admin) on this computer i have to do it twice it logs in at the first attempt and then goes back to the list of accounts that can be logged into (there are 5 accounts) and i have to log into my account again. the other accounts seem to log in fine on the first attempt. it's not really a problem it's just annoying.
Thanks for any input.

D_N_M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Other than suggesting to scan for malware, I found one other person with the problem you have
Theirs was caused by changing graphics cards:

It was down to the recent change of graphics card and not removing all previously installed software.

Stopped ATI hotkey from start up and now logs in normally

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 D_N_M

D_N_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

thanks for the input
i havent changed graphic cards or anything else i can run a scan if you'd like but i'm almost certain i'm not infected as i try to stay on top of the security in this PC but you never know? i run comodo for the firewall AVG for antivirus and malwarebytes along with spybot and spywareblaster . so if you would like to see a log let me know and we can go from there.
thanks again

D_N_M

#4 D_N_M

D_N_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

should we move this to the HJT forum? and see?
just waiting for a mod to see where this should go.
any input is as always greatly appreciated
thanks again to the fine folkes @ BC for all there expertise and knowledge.

D_N_M

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

It is possible that your admin account has become corrupted
You could create a new admin account and if that one loads OK, delete the old one
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 D_N_M

D_N_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

it is possible.
but what about all my antivirus/malware programs? won't they be deleted as well? just curious because i as the admin on this PC am the only one allowed to download/update most anything on this account. and i will have to re download everything?
if that is what you think i will certainly give it a try. just wondering whats not gonna be there on the next account?
Please advise and thank you again.

D_N_M

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

You're going to create the new account before deleting the old one. You'll be OK
Just make sure to add "new" to the account so you don't get them mixed up
You can rename it later if you'd like
Mark
Posted Image

#8 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Probably registry error

#9 D_N_M

D_N_M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

thank you for the response i did create the new account and have logged in and out 5-6 times and it loads up fine (however) i did lose my bookmarks an some programs (no big deal i will download them again) and had to search for my regular normal desktop programs ( no big deal again)
all seems fine for now.

Thanks to you and the wonderfull folkes @ BC for your continued support.

i think i may just a log in the HJT forum just to be certain i am clean

thank ya'll again

D_N_M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users